Assistant Project Manager
£46,000 - £51,500
Riverview recruitment is delighted to be working with Royal Free London (RFL) Property Services to appoint an Assistant Projects Manager. This is an exciting time for the capital projects team at the trust and the role is an integral part of the transformational change that is afoot.
As an Assistant Project Manager within the RFLPS capital programme management team you will be based at the newly renovated Chase Farm Hospital and play a key role in defining the future direction and completion of various capital schemes. You will take responsibility of projects up to £1 million; for the coordination, management and delivery of such projects to ensure objectives are achieved in terms of specific performance, time, cost and quality.
You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day running of individual projects and be held accountable for the detail of each area. You will be good at working on your own and to tight deadline on reporting, meetings and deliverables. As the Assistant Project Manager, you will also coordinate the administration for the project team, including minutes for meetings and coordination of meetings.
The successful candidate will be a qualified construction project management to degree level and be working towards (APM, CIOB, RICS or similar) or other relevant professional qualification. You will have excellent post qualification experience in construction project management and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of capital development and project delivery in the health sector or similar complex environment. Experience of project administration of a complex project within an acute hospital or similar in line with client time, cost and quality objectives is desirable. As an assistant within a thriving team, you will have substantial experience of administrative support and of attending and preparing materials for meetings and minute taking.
· To provide support to the scheme Project Manager, Programme Manager and Head of Project Delivery with the overall project management of the scheme, including scheme programme, cost and quality.
· To support the management of the overall scheme programme. This will include reviewing and developing programmes for various aspects of the work and monitoring progress to ensure they are delivered.
· To liaise with the Organization’s clinical and operational teams, the project team and Principal Supply Chain Members (PSCM)s to organise the development of the detailed scheme design, output specifications and room data sheets.
· To respond to specific requests for information from the PSCMs and the Project Director and liaising with Organisations clinical teams, facilities management services and others to provide the required information.
· To provide administrative support to the project governance structure. This will require facilitating and attending various meetings associated with the management of the project. This will include preparing papers, taking minutes and following up actions from meetings.
· To provide support to the scheme Project Manager in the financial management of the project, raising orders, monitoring expenditure and liaising with the Organization’s finance team, procurement team and the scheme's appointed cost consultant.
· To take lead responsibility for the contract administration of the construction contracts. Ensuring all early warning notices and compensation events are recorded, monitored and actioned appropriately.
· To ensure all key project documentation is comprehensive, kept up-to-date and correctly electronically filed on the Organization’s project document storage. This will include the scheme business case (and supporting documentation) as well as project programme, cost information and scheme risk register.
· To manage the scheme risk register, establishing risk review meetings, ensuring risks are recorded, mitigating actions identified and cost implications recorded. To monitor progress on the completion of mitigating actions and report outstanding actions to the Project Manager
· To liaise with the Capital Development Team's Project Management Office (PMO) ensuring all scheme reporting is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
Closing date Monday 3rd May, followed by a two-stage interview process; 1st stage interview w/c 10th May and the 2nd stage interview w/c 17th May.
Riverview Recruitment have been retained to search and select the best candidates for this role, should you be interested in a confidential discussion then please call Maija Rousell (Director) on 0203 667 3111 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Job Reference :