Business Support Officer
Hammersmith, West London
£9.50 - £11.00 per hour
We are delighted to be working with a UK leading charity supporting victims of domestic abuse within the community, who due to business growth, are looking for a temporary Business support officer to support the core business team for a 3-month contract.
Reporting directly to the Finance & HR Manager, the main job purpose will be to carry out financial and HR administrative duties to support the work of the core business needs and Finance Manager.
This charity aims to brings communities together to end domestic abuse.
They support organisations, including the police, criminal justice partners, social services, healthcare workers and charities, to identify and respond effectively together to domestic abuse. Their model of a coordinated local partnership to tackle and ultimately prevent domestic violence is now widely accepted as best practice.
Main duties & responsibilities:
·Deal promptly, politely and professionally with telephone callers and email enquiries, ensuring that they are correctly dealt with or assigned to the relevant person.
·Open and distribute posts to the appropriate member of staff.
·Monitor stationery requirements and order as required. Ensure that office equipment and other resources are maintained at appropriate levels.
·Responsible for troubleshooting computer and systems problems and liaising with IT provider to resolve problem.
·Liaise with trades people and persons responsible for the maintenance of resources, equipment and safety of the office in consultation with the Facilities Manager.
·Work in partnership with the Facilities Manager to ensure that the office environment complies with and maintains a high level of Health and Safety standards in accordance with legislations.
·Conduct the organisations Equality & Diversity Policy and Ethical Policy in every aspect of your work and positively promote the principles of these polices amongst colleagues, service users and other members of the community.
·Attend and actively participate in team meetings and other meetings as required, ensuring accurate minutes are taken.
·Responsible for booking venues/meeting rooms and managing the booking room calendar.
·Support the team with preparation of training material and course bookings delivered either face to face or via video link.
· Processing accounts payable/accounts receivable invoices.
· Bank reconciliation of company bank accounts and individual funders grant bank account.
· Reconcile monthly payroll adjustments against reports from Payroll bureau.
· Reconciliation of payroll reports, including salary payments, pension, tax and national insurance.
· Register and upload personnel files for new starter on HR database, including requests for amendments to records.
·Support with the recruitment of staff and volunteers by liaising with HR in managing the hiring process.
·Assist with placing job adverts and uploading job packs on Hireful recruitment system.
·Maintain staff induction pack for new employees.
·Update staff organisation chart and employee contact lists.
For this role it would be desirable to have previous experience of;
- Providing administrative and business support in a busy environment
- Excellent organisational skills, including IT skills and experience of case management information systems/databases. Demonstration ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to manage multiple demands under pressure with the appropriate focus and attention to detail
- Financial support, raising invoices and accurately updating quickbooks
- Database skills – able to enter data and look up information in accounting software
This role is required on a temporary basis and will start ASAP and up until December 2021, therefore, you will need to be available immediately or within 1 weeks’ notice. Due to the nature of the role, remote working is preferred, and a laptop will be provided. The charity is based in Hammersmith so occasional office visits could be required. They will offer a competitive hourly rate of £9.50 - £11 per hour depending on experience, equivalent of £21,000 per annum.
Job Reference :