Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with Goodenough College to appoint a permanent Day Receptionist on a shift pattern of 8 hour days, 7am-3pm or 3pm - 11pm, 5 days out of 7 days on a rota basis, within their newly refurbished outstanding Hotel, The Goodenough within the grounds of the residences. The Goodenough is a Georgian building on a quiet London square, which is part of the Goodenough College estate, and has been converted into a four star 65-bedroom hotel. The hotel is central to the financial stability of this educational charity.
Responsible for creating an environment that makes our guests feel welcome, at home and keen to return.
Offering a professional full front of House service.
To support the reservations team in dealing with bookings and requests for information.
1. To ensure all guests receive a professional, warm and individual welcome, which gives a lasting and positive impression of the Hotel.
2. To be the first point of contact for all guests and to deal with all situations in a courteous and professional manner.
3. To be responsible for carrying out all necessary operations when guests arrive and depart (check-in/check-out) using the Hotel’s PMS systems, guestline.
4. To answer and converse on the telephone in a professional manner.
5. Manage invoicing and cash operations during the shift and ensure an end of shift balance. To complete a daily end of shift report.
6. To offer portage to all guests on arrival and departure (this is done by our staircases in a listed building – there are no lifts). To store guest baggage when required.
7. To respond professionally to a wide range of guest requests, and promote the Hotel and College facilities. Be familiar with local places to dine out, general information on the local area, directions, traffic & travel updates, timetables etc.
8. At all times support the reservations team in the booking of rooms and dealing with enquires. Particularly but not limited to evenings and weekends when the reservations office is not open. Also, during busy times and cover for sickness and holidays. This may include time spent working a shift (or part of) in the reservations office.
9. Report all facilities and maintenance issues to the Helpdesk.
10. Check the room report and keep housekeeping informed of any modifications.
11. Accept delivery and sort the post including packages and parcels.
12. Ensure that reception is constantly staffed and kept immaculately clean and welcoming at all times.
13. During out of office hours, including weekends and bank holidays, ensure the guest lounge is kept presentable, clean and welcoming and that all guest’s requests including housekeeping are met e.g. couch beds, toiletries and general enquiries.
14. Become a First Aider and Fire Marshal (training given) and carry out evacuation procedures.
15. To work flexibly to ensure the smooth running of the Hotel, this may include taking lunch and other breaks at more convenient times to help with business needs.
16. To ensure your appearance is professional with full uniform - in line with our dress code policy which is in the employee handbook.
Skills & Experience
Relevant experience of working as a receptionist in a hotel or equivalent corporate environment
In using a hotel or room booking system (Guestline or similar)
IT literate including Microsoft Outlook
Fluent in written and spoken English
A pro-active and resourceful approach to problem solving and customer service
Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy
Ability to take reservations correctly and in a professional manner
Of excellent customer service, guest-oriented and service driven
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in the re-opening of the hotel. This position would require you to work 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis either 7am - 3pm or 3pm-11pm.
Excellent benefits and holiday allowance are provided.
Closing date: 31st May
Interviews taking place on 8th, 15th, 21st and 29th June
Job Reference :