Electrical Shift Engineer
Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with The University of Surrey in supporting their recruitment of maintenance professionals, including an Electrical Shift Engineer.
It is among the leading Universities in the UK with around 16,800 students and an annual contribution of £1.7bn to the national economy. Located in the heart of Guildford on the beautiful Stag Hill campus.
The Maintenance Services department have evolved their systems to deliver a modern, efficient and excellent maintenance service for staff, students and visitors in this most dynamic and attractive location. You will be part of a growing maintenance team of 12 engineers, responsible for looking after shift engineering electrical maintenance requirements within; accommodation, academic services, health centres, laboratories and research centres. There is also a leading sports park with a 50m athletic swimming pool and medical centres.
Your new role
As the Electrical Shift Engineer in the Estates Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for completing the programme of planned, preventative maintenance to comply with statutory testing regimes, maintenance schedules and refurbishment of electrical systems across the campus.
Also, you will be responsible for completing reactive and emergency response maintenance activities for electrical faults and failures. Typical work would include; isolation works, installation of sockets, lamp replacements, electrical fault-finding and minor project work.
You will need to be responsive, have excellent attention to detail and communication. Be able to fault-find effectively and offer sound correspondence on requirements.
Hours of work are a rolling shift pattern of;
- 3-early (06.00-15.00), 3-late (14.00-23.00) and 3-off days
What you'll need to succeed
- City & Guilds in Electrical or equivalent.
- Ideally at least two years practical experience in a similar commercial maintenance role.
- Experience of working in an environment with varied needs (commercial & domestic.)
- Good timekeeping and attention to detail.
- Ideally hold a valid Driving Licence.
What you will get in return
- Incredibly generous University Pension with up to 12% employer contribution.
- 34 Days Holiday.
- Annual salary review
- Opportunity to progress to supervisory roles with full support on training.
- Onsite parking.
Job Reference :