Hammersmith - home based
£10 - £11 per hour
We are delighted to be working with a UK leading charity supporting victims of domestic abuse within the community, who due to business growth, are looking for a temporary Finance officer to support the core business team.
Reporting directly to the Finance & HR Manager, the main job purpose will be to carry out financial administrative duties to support the work of the core business needs and Finance Manager.
This charity aims to brings communities together to end domestic abuse. They support organisations, including the police, criminal justice partners, social services, healthcare workers and charities, to identify and respond effectively together to domestic abuse. Their model of a coordinated local partnership to tackle and ultimately prevent domestic violence is now widely accepted as best practice.
Main duties & responsibilities:
· Processing accounts payable/accounts receivable invoices.
· Invoice for grant income.
· Bank reconciliation of company bank accounts and individual funders grant bank account.
· Reconcile monthly payroll adjustments against reports from Payroll bureau.
· Reconciliation of payroll reports, including salary payments, pension, tax and national insurance.
· Perform all aspects of bookkeeping in Quick Books (including sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank receipts/payments, credit card transactions and journals and nominal ledger administration.
· Deal with customers and suppliers’ queries including credit control.
· Register and upload personnel files for new starter on HR database, including requests for amendments to records.
For this role it would be desirable to have previous experience of
- Working in finance department and previous role within business support
- Knowledge and experience of bookkeeping
- Database skills – able to enter data and look up information in accounting software
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Excel experience
This role is required on a temporary basis and will start ASAP and up until December 2021, therefore, you will need to be available immediately or within 1 weeks’ notice. Due to the nature of the role, remote working is preferred, and a laptop will be provided. The charity is based in Hammersmith so occasional office visits could be required. They will offer a competitive hourly rate of £10 - £11 per hour depending on experience, equivalent of £21,000 per annum.
Job Reference :