HR & Operations Administrator
City of London
£25,000 - £28,000
Riverview recruitment are delighted to support Goodenough College to find a new permanent HR & Operations Administrator for their HR team in central London.
The successful candidate would be responsible for all administration for HR and recruitment. You will lead on the HR database, responsible for its files, reports, development and training and support the Director of Operations and the HR Manager in their roles and activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To be the HR teams ‘expert’ on its HR database, to keep it updated, relevant and to prepare reports for the team and other managers.
2. To support managers and staff by giving advice on ‘first line’ HR issues like maternity, paternity and absence policy and pay, along with policies and procedures covered in the handbook or the College’s staff benefits.
3. Be responsible for collating all relevant information from new members of staff and ensure it is filed appropriately, safely and used only for the correct purpose. Also be responsible for updating other staff files (electronic and manual), and to dispose of files as per regulations.
4. Obtain all relevant information from new and existing staff for payroll purposes. Liaise with Finance on a monthly basis and share the information so they can update their records and ensure colleagues are paid correctly.
5. Responsible for monitoring and advising on a mix of company benefits including Private Medical Insurance, Life cover, Income Protection, Critical Illness, the Pension Scheme, Medicash, Edenred Child Care vouchers and cycle to work scheme. This includes joiners/leavers and pulling off reports.
6. Responsible for the administration of the appraisals, ensuring they are sent out accordingly, followed-up, checked and recorded correctly.
7. Send out HR correspondence in a timely manner, including, disciplinary/grievance letters, maternity letters/notices, changes to contract, staff notification e-mails, changes to policies etc. Update the staff handbook accordingly.
8. To take minutes in disciplinary/grievance and any other meetings as required and produce good and accurate notes. Ensure all notes are saved correctly.
9. To manage and deal in a timely manner with recruitment administration including; liaising with recruitment agencies, drafting and posting job adverts, room bookings and preparing shortlisting and interview packs.
10. To meet and greet applicants in a professional manner and to administer any agreed test for the interviewing panel.
11. Where required to liaise with the employment agencies and applicants with the result of the recruitment and ensuring any ‘no thank-you’ notifications go out in a timely manner.
12. To send out offer letters, requests for references and prepare employment contracts as per procedures and to follow up where necessary in a professional manner.
13. Ensure IT are informed of new staff and that line-managers are sent induction forms and they are followed and chased up.
14. To train all staff on the HR database (Cascade) so they know how to use it for their appropriate level.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director of Operations and HR Manager when attending conferences or visiting our site in Scotland.
- Order stationary and ink cartridges for the franking machine. Ensure records are updated and stock monitored. Order other materials for the HR team as requested.
- Responsible for the afternoon post and ensure it is ready for collection.
- Arrange Influenza vaccinations for staff in the autumn.
Job Reference :