Hotel Duty Manager
Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with Goodenough College to appoint a permanent Hotel Duty Manager, to work 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis, 7am-3pm or 3pm - 11pm, within their newly refurbished outstanding Hotel, The Goodenough within the grounds of the residences. The Goodenough is a Georgian building on a quiet London square, which is part of the Goodenough College estate, and has been converted into a four star 65-bedroom hotel. The hotel is central to the financial stability of this educational charity.
Support the Front of House Manager in the day to day running of the reception.
Ensure all relevant Health & Safety procedures are properly followed.
Ensure high standards of customer service are met and maintained.
Cover Reception shifts as and when necessary.
1. Proactively ensure that the service offered to guests is professional, personable and memorable, that guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up in a timely manner.
2. To be the first point of contact for all guests and to deal with all situations in a courteous manner. Support other receptionists when required.
3. Train and develop the reception team as required by the Front of House Manager
4. Implement standard operating procedures for the front office department.
5. To offer portage to all guests on arrival and departure (this is done via our staircases in a listed building – there are no lifts). To store guest baggage when required.
6. Report all facilities and maintenance issues to the Helpdesk. Follow up where required.
7. Cover for the Front of House Manager during days off, holidays and sickness. Ensuring all duties are carried out and reception staff are supported and motivated. Find cover when staff call in sick or when necessary.
8. Ensure both the reception staff and yourself support the reservations function by undertaking bookings on a daily basis. Also during busy periods, or due to holiday or sickness have the ability to assist reservations in making further reservations for the hotel and college short stay bookings.
9. Undertake administration duties for the Front of House Manager and Hotel General Manager as appropriate, including preparation of the shift roster and submission of all shift swaps, sickness forms, leave forms etc.and use of the HR system
10. Ensure that reception is kept immaculate at all times
11. Be able to act in accordance with the Front of House procedures. Be able to explain and reinforce all procedures including the Health & Safety procedures to all staff.
12. Able to provide in depth information on the local area, directions, traffic & travel updates, timetables etc.
13. Maintain personal awareness of all site procedures relevant to reception, ensuring that any required changes to procedures are brought to the attention of everyone involved.
14. Become a First Aider & Fire Marshall (training will be given)
15. Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
16. To monitor breakfast and honesty bar during opening hours.
Skills & Experience
Reception/Front of House experience in a 3 or 4 star hotel reception or equivalent corporate environment
Of dealing with reservations
IT literate including Microsoft Outlook, hotel or room booking systems
Responsibility for setting tone of a team and leading/supporting colleaugues
Be able to implement outstanding customer service procedures
Excellent people management skills
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in the re-opening of the hotel. This position would require you to work 5 days out of 7, on a rota basis, 7am - 3pm or 3pm - 11pm.
Excellent benefits and holiday allowance are provided.
Closing date: 31st May
Interviews taking place on 8th, 15th, 21st and 29th June
Job Reference :