Night Reception Supervisor
City of London
Riverview Recruitment is delighted to partner with Goodenough College to find a Night Reception Supervisor to work on a 4 on 4 off basis, 12 hours shifts 8pm-8am.
Goodenough College is a charity which provides residential accommodation to post Graduate Students from all over the world. The college also has a small (64-bedroom) boutique hotel on the premises for members and guests, the college sits amongst beautiful grounds in the heart of London. The role purpose is for the day to day management of the reception areas of both London House and William Goodenough House ensuring a high standard of service is given to all members and visitors.
- Assist the Senior Night Supervisor in the supervision and support of the night reception team to ensure that they are motivated and meet daily objectives in line with college standards and procedures.
- Training and development of the night reception team, under direction from the Reception Manager and Senior Night Reception Supervisor.
- Support the Senior Supervisor in various administrative duties for Reception Manager where required.
- To cover the Senior Night Supervisors extra duties when he/she are not on duty.
- Completion of nightly security checks along with building safety and maintenance
- Ensure security protocols are adhered to at all times and deal with any matters arising in a prompt and efficient manner to ensure the safety and security of members, guests and staff.
- Have operational knowledge of all front of house services and be aware how to access these services to meet the members’ requirements.
- Maintain awareness of all site procedures relevant to Reception, ensuring that any required changes to procedures are brought to the attention of everyone involved.
- Liaise with day supervisors and contractor’s to ensure that all Reception facilities are maintained and are in working order.
- Find cover when staff call in sick or when necessary.
- Provide in depth information on the local area, directions, traffic & travel updates,
- Assist in the implementation and improvement to services and procedures.
- Complete an end of Shift Report and action any outstanding issues arising.
- Become a First Aider & Fire Marshall (training will be given).
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Good people management skills
- Responsibility for setting tone of organisation
- Experience of working in a 3 or 4 star hotel reception or
equivalent corporate environment
- Experience in supervising and motivating people
- Supervisory / Duty Management experience
Technical Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate including Microsoft Outlook and computerised
room booking systems
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Flexible and resourceful
- Performance oriented and committed to continuous
Closing date: Tuesday 27th August 2019
Interview date: Friday 30th August 2019
Job Reference :