Project Manager (FM Minor works)
City of London
£45,000 - £48,000
Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with Goodenough College to find a Project Manager (minor works) to join their facilities and estates team.
This role has been created to ensure the effective delivery of the estates project programme, minor works and reactive maintenance tasks. You will be required to support and implement the strategic delivery & development of the Asset Replacement Plan (ARP) and the planning of future estates projects. It will be your responsibility to provide advice & support to the College on all aspects of the delivery of project works, minor works and reactive repairs. You will work within a small, hardworking team and ensure the best standard of delivery for the college members, staff and guests. It would be beneficial to have worked in project management of minor works programme in either a further or higher education, housing partnership or residential environment. The college is a bespoke environment in the heart of the city with many stakeholders and listed buildings to support.
· Manage, monitor and co-ordinate all operations relating to the delivery of the estates project programme and minor works.
· Develop and plan for projects identified through inspection, survey, and the ARP.
· Ensure the ARP is developed and maintained, and the asset database is up to date.
· Inspect and monitor deterioration and defects in assets, and deliver specialist surveys, e.g. boilers, accommodation, building fabric and external locations, in conjunction with the Hard FM Manager.
· Support the Hard FM Manager and helpdesk in tracking reactive maintenance trends and use CAFM data to develop future project plans.
· Support the Hard FM Manager in the delivery of the annual fire risk assessments and help to ensure the College is compliant with all current fire safety legislation.
· Act as the lead project interface between the construction project manager, contractors, architects, consultants and the local authority during the development, delivery and post –completion stages of the project.
· To manage college directly appointed sub- contractors.
· Produce scope of works for varying projects and a detailed quotation for all the work and materials to be provided.
· Lead on negotiations with contractors, architects, surveyors, consultants and the local authority planning and building control departments, during the delivery of projects.
· Manage the delivery of projects, minor works and reactive maintenance tasks to ensure contractual, legal, health & safety, environmental, quality, cost and time compliance is carried out in line with the College’s objectives.
· Develop, implement and maintain suitable project procedures, controls, and records from inception to the end of the defects period, post- handover.
· Produce detailed reports for the Head of FM Contract Delivery relating to the development and delivery of estates project programme.
· Manage & develop the Estates Projects budget in line with College objectives.
· Plan projects and minor works to minimise impact on the College’s day to day business, and manage communication with stakeholders, including Members, on all phases of the project delivery and send out staff and member communications where appropriate.
· Ensure structures are in place to provide timely reports on works in progress, managing risks, and maximising opportunities for savings.
· Provide health and safety management to the College including undertaking risk assessments, managing the activities of College appointed contractors, and the permit to work procedures.
· To be responsible for collating supplier, products, and O&Ms information, and creating appropriate systems for filing.
· Monitor and sign off all works completed by contractors, ensuring that any additional cost related work is approved in line with the College’s policies and financial controls.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the line manager.
Education & Training
· HND in a construction /engineering related subject, or qualified by experience, APM desired
· Health & Safety Certification NEBOSH/IOSH
· CDM Regulations 2015
· Prince2 Practitioner
· Strong financial acumen & understanding
· Experience of working in a grade II listed building
· Working in fast pace environments and able to multitask.
· Management of high-volume small projects and reactive maintenance tasks
Riverview recruitment is working in partnership with Goodenough college to find the right person to join the team on this permanent opportunity. An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer, for a confidential discussion about the role, please call Maija Rousell on 0203 667 3111.
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday 4th February 2020
1st Interview date: Monday 10th February 2020
2nd Interview date: Wednesday 12th February 2020
Job Reference :