City of London
£23,500 - £24,500
Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with Goodenough College to find a Reservations officer to join their facilities and front of house team.
Goodenough College is a charity which provides residential accommodation to post Graduate Students from all over the world. We also provide 4 star accommodation at the Hotel. The Hotel is central to the financial stability of the educational charity.
·To be the main person dealing with reservation queries in a professional, efficient and friendly manner, and ensure all processes are done according to the Hotels policies.
·Contribute to the profitability of the Hotel by insuring all up-selling opportunities are converted both within the hotel and the College.
·Maintain and improve consistent standard of service while creating a working environment that supports the hotel and Colleges organisational values.
- To open the reservations office and ensure it is ready for business.
- Ensure all bookings are processed accurately, efficiently and to chase provisional individual and group reservations.
- Ensure customer service exceeds expectations and communication is clear and concise to all customers, internal and external.
- Ensure that ‘no shows’ reservations are processed and all arrivals are checked and correct, including payment details and billing. To ensure that all reservations are allocated to the appropriate bedroom.
- Compile a list of housekeeping request for each day for the housekeeping team to action.
- To monitor ViP’s, alumni fellows and special guests booked in the hotel or College and ensure any special requests carried out and where necessary appropriate staff are notified of their stay.
- On the direction of the Reservations Manager update daily rates on the PMS and any other OTA’s.
- Take all opportunities to up-sell including, bedroom upgrades within the Hotel and the college, events and other college services.
- To process bookings for assist the summer short stay accommodation at the College following all aspects of the procedure as well as liaising with the registry, reception and housekeeping teams to ensure the bookings are managed smoothly.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Work alongside the Reservations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the reservations department.
- To assist in the training of new and existing staff on reservation bookings and procedures.
- Actively monitor billing arrangements, chasing debtors, allocation of remittances and ensuring all reservation finances within the hotel and short stay accommodation are kept in order. Liaise with the College accounts office for any queries.
- To occasionally cover reception in times of sickness, holidays or busy periods. To be flexible in working hours to ensure the reservations team is staffed.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the hotel management team.
·Of working in a busy reservations office
·Of giving excellent customer service
·Of both individual and group bookings
·Of professionally dealing with guest complaints
·Of working alone and being responsible for the work
·Of Microsoft packages and Property Management Systems
·Excellent communication and organisation skills
·Multi-task, prioritise and to perform under pressure
·Highly motivated and an excellent team player
·Ability to up-sell
·Flexible and willing to occasionally work some unsocial hours.
Working hours are 8am - 4pm Monday-Friday and an excellent salary of up to £24,500 is on offer.
Closing date is 10.00am on Monday 16th March and interviews will be a week later on Monday 23rd March.
Job Reference :