Valuation Surveyor & Registered Valuer
Peckham, Southeast London
£60,000 - £75,000, (OTE £100,000)
Property & Surveying
Property & Surveying
Riverview recruitment is delighted to be working with Terracotta Property to appoint a Valuation Surveyor & Registered Valuer. This is an exciting time for the independent property firm with an abundance of new works streams and substantial growth afoot.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we have an excellent opportunity for a qualified and Registered Valuer to join our expanding Valuation Team in dealing with both residential and commercial property types.
The company is based in Peckham but we cover all of London. The Valuation team is led by Charlie, the founder and owner. You will be reporting directly into him.
The team specialises in providing valuations for loan security and works with several lenders. We typically value flats and houses, multi-unit blocks, HMOs, Commercial properties with and or without flats above. We also do some development consultancy.
The Team is involved in the valuation of a wide variety of residential and commercial properties for a full range of purposes, including loan funding, taxation, and internal purposes in the form of RICS Red Book Valuation Reports. We require a person with good knowledge and experience in providing Red Book valuations on a range of property types within Greater London and into the Home Counties.
• Valuation of a range of commercial and residential properties
• Carrying out Red Book valuations for loan security and regulatory purposes for both residential and commercial properties
• Advising existing land/property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
• Experience in working with and undertaking development appraisals
• Understanding of town planning and development
• Ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Maintain a positive attitude towards routine tasks
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Flexible approach to work
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
• To prepare ad-hoc advice in limited time frame
• Prepare and take responsibility of completing valuation tasks for discussion with senior colleagues
• Track valuations and associated fees. Identify areas of profitability and growth
• Present monthly figures and forecast targets
• Consider and present a case for new valuation business verticals
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written in the form of working on valuation reports
• Detailed analytical skills, basic numeracy, and good attention to detail
• An ability to carry out research, work independently and present this information clearly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
• Preferably Full UK Driving Licence
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
• Confident and assertive where required
• Sociable and outgoing
The role will be client-facing, working with anyone from private developers, development companies, housing associations, local authorities, private individuals, and banks etc. You will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team. You will have a graduate on rotation to mentor and assess.
We want to develop and cultivate your professional interests. You will be joining an ambitious firm. Once established within the valuation team, you will be encouraged to identify an area of the business that you wish to build and grow your own team. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do that. Our purpose is to help you create the job you want.
In exchange for knowledge, drive, and determination we will pay you the salary you ask for. We also offer company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 12 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
Riverview has been retained by Terracotta Property in this appointment. All applications should be sent to Maija Rousell for consideration. For a confidential discussion on the role, please call Maija on 0203 667 3111.
Job Reference :