£26,715 + Standby + Callout
Your new company
Riverview Recruitment are delighted to partner with The University of Surrey in supporting their recruitment of maintenance professionals. It is among the leading Universities in the UK with around 16,800 students and an annual contribution of £1.7bn to the national economy. Located in the heart of Guildford on the beautiful Stag Hill campus.
The Maintenance Services department have evolved their systems to deliver a modern, efficient and excellent maintenance service for staff, students and visitors in this most dynamic and attractive location. You will be part of a growing maintenance team of 12 engineers, responsible for looking after compressor maintenance requirements within; accommodation, academic services, health centres, laboratories and research centres. There is also a leading sports park with a 50m athletic swimming pool and medical centres.
Your new role
As the Compressor Technician you will be responsible for undertaking planned and reactive work on Local Exhaust Ventilation systems to support the University’s infrastructure and environmental control systems across all of our premises, ensuring that they are maintained in a safe, efficient and functional order and tested in accordance with legislation.
1. Maintain all air compressors and vacuum systems, including statutory inspection and testing where required to current legislative requirements and University process, procedures and users’ requirements.
2. Ensure failing plant or assets are reported to the Helpdesk and plant areas are maintained in good condition.
3. Deliver an effective response to maintenance demands from the University.
4. Ensure compliance with all University H&S and Environmental systems and procedures and take an active part in the development of any policy.
5. Complete all necessary administrative work associated with departmental management systems, including the completion of work records (paper or electronic), timesheets, stores issues, orders, estimates and health and safety records. Utilise Building Logbook to record all maintenance visits and any relevant defective information and repairs.
What you'll need to succeed
· Ideally at least two years practical experience as a Field Service Engineer working in an air compressor field service background, i.e. aviation, hospitals etc.
· Have a detailed understanding of compressed air and vacuum installations/systems and be willing to attend formal update training if required.
· Experience of mechanical controls and a good understanding of PSSR regulations.
· Good timekeeping and attention to detail.
· Must be able to drive and hold a current full EU license.
What you will get in return
· Incredibly generous University Pension with up to 18% employer contribution.
· 40 Days Holiday
· Onsite parking
· Discount membership for Surrey Sports Park
· Discounted onsite Nursery
· Yearly Health Surveillance
· On call – Averaging £1,200 per year plus minimum 3 hours per call
· Tools and Uniform
· Training in relevant areas
Job Reference :