Deputy Hard FM Manager
Central London (WC1N)
£45,000 - £48,000
Riverview recruitment are delighted to partner with Goodenough College to appoint a permanent Deputy Hard Facilities Management (FM) Manager to support their Hard FM Manager in the delivery of PPM and reactive maintenance tasks as well as supporting the asset replacement plan with minor estate project works and day-to-day maintenance of the estate. Goodenough college is a beautifully appointed campus with grade II listed areas, comprising of three main buildings. Set up as a charity which provides residential accommodation to post graduate students from all over the world.
To ensure the effective delivery of reactive maintenance tasks, Plan, Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and estates projects.
Support and implement the strategic delivery & development of the Asset Replacement Plan (ARP) and the planning of future estates projects.
1. Manage, monitor and co-ordinate the operations relating to the delivery of the estates reactive maintenance tasks and PPM, and deliver estates projects as directed by the Hard FM Manager.
2. Develop, prioritise and plan for the delivery of maintenance tasks identified through inspection, survey, and the ARP.
3. Ensure the ARP is developed and maintained as a reasonable assessment of the long term need for College asset replacement, and that the asset database is up to date.
4. Inspect and monitor deterioration and defects in assets, and deliver specialist surveys, e.g. boilers, accommodation, building fabric and external locations, in conjunction with the Hard FM Manager. Identify and propose necessary asset replacement for recognition within the ARP and the estates projects three year plan.
5. Support the Hard FM Manager and help desk in tracking reactive maintenance trends and use CAFM data to develop future project plans.
6. Financially manage allocated projects and extra works, and support the Hard FM Manger in the overall management and tracking of budgets, against Board approved budget allocations. Maintain the project tracker.
7. Support the delivery of fire and water risk assessments and help to deliver mitigating tasks to ensure the College is compliant with all current safety legislation. To support the Hard FM Manager to ensure statutory compliance including audits.
8. Lead on the coordination of the annual room inspections and ensure maintenance works are instructed to meet deadlines for room occupation.
9. Act as a client lead during the development, delivery and post completion stages of projects, ensuring effective communication and liaison between the construction project manager, contractors, architects, consultants and the local authority.
10. Manage College directly appointed sub- contractors.
11. Produce the brief and scope of works for varying projects and a detailed quotation for all the work and materials to be provided. Take due attention to appropriate scope of projects and achieving best value from the College’s investment.
12. Procure contractors for the delivery of maintenance and project tasks securing both best value and best possible performance. Seek approval for contractor quotations.
13. Monitor and sign off, all works completed by contractors, ensuring that any additional cost related work is approved in line with the College’s policies and financial controls and the contractor is managed against the terms of their appointment.
14. Ensure contractual, legal, health & safety, environmental, quality and time compliance is carried out in line with the College’s objectives and environmental policies.
15. Provide timely reports on maintenance works in progress, managing risks, and maximising opportunities for savings.
16. Plan PPM and projects to minimise impact on the College’s day-to-day business, and manage communication with stakeholders, including Members, on all phases of the delivery of works.
17. Provide health and safety management to the College including undertaking risk assessments, managing the activities of College appointed contractors, and the permit to work procedures.
18. Develop, implement and maintain suitable project procedures, controls, and records from inception to the end of the defects period, post- handover.
19. To be responsible for collating supplier, products, and O&Ms information, and creating appropriate systems for filing.
20. Deputise for the Hard FM Manager when required and undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the line manager.
HND in a construction /engineering related subject, or qualified by experience
Desirable to have a relevant Health & Safety Certification NEBOSH/IOSH
FM or maintenance experience within a relevant business operation
Experience of analysing complex repairs and maintenance data
Proven track record of delivering reactive maintenance, PPM, and building project works and managing related budgets
Experience of consulting with stakeholders and providing clear communication during the delivery of all maintenance tasks
Strong financial acumen & understanding
Experience of working in a grade II listed building
Working in fast pace environments and able to multi task
Experience of implementing contractor safe working practices
Technical Skills & Abilities
IT literate with Microsoft & Windows applications
Good understanding of CAFM systems
Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Ability to develop excellent working relationships & represent the College at a senior level
Flexible, with the ability to work on their own and plan their priorities
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Facilities Manager with a background in overseeing hard services of an estate to step up into a role that has excellent support and progression. This is an immediate requirement with interviews taking place in January 2023. The role would require a working pattern of 9am-5pm, with occasional requirements for overtime and flexibility to work additional hours as and when required, (i.e. for certain projects in summer months.)
Job Reference :