Regional Facilities Manager
North West London
£50,000 - £55,000
We are delighted to be working with a leading UK charity with a head office based in London to find a Regional Facilities Manager on a two-year fixed-term contract. This is an immediate requirement to join a fantastic UK-wide property team.
1. Develop and deliver plans for facilities and property management that meets the needs of the charity. Ensure all sites deliver a safe, efficient and comfortable working and living environment for staff and service users and adhere to all regulatory and legislative requirements.
2. Act as Site Responsible Person for specific sites, ensuring all Health & Safety and Business Continuity issues are managed effectively and as the responsible person for fire legislation
3. Take all steps to ensure sites are safe for staff, visitors and others, to include working with the H&S team to ensure:
adequate numbers of fire marshals, first-aider and evacuation chair operators are in place whenever premises are open
risk assessments, work place assessments, audits and monitoring activities are undertaken regularly and actions implemented promptly
emergency plans and fire procedures are in place an available to support the emergency services, PEEPs (Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans)
Support with the preparation of Emergency and Business Continuity Plans, and ensure local staff are appointed as members of the Site MIRT (Major Incident Response Team)
4. Recruit and provide management and leadership for a team across geographical locations, creating a culture of customer focus and high performance.
5. Work with Property Department Colleagues and the Procurement Team to maximise opportunities for economies of scale and to procure contracts that meet the Business/Service needs and deliver best value.
6. Manage and report on the Facilities budgets for each Facility
7. Ensure all site facilities and equipment meet health, safety and environmental standards and local procedures are in place and comply with Corporate Policy, especially in relation to Business Continuity. Ensure a healthy working environment.
8. Ensure that the agreed programme for planned building maintenance is implemented and monitored, and that any reactive maintenance is carried out in a timely manner by the on site team or contractors.
9. Ensure effective records are maintained across all sites in line with Corporate Policy, in relation to Premises, H&S, Business Continuity and Contractor management.
10. Ensure all sites have up to date and effective Facilities Business Continuity and Facilities Health, Safety and Environment plans that are regularly reviewed for effectiveness and compliance with Corporate Policy.
11. Ensure regular evaluation and monitoring of premises is undertaken in conjunction with the Corporate Facilities team and any appointed specialists. Lead local projects and support centrally initiated projects as required by the Departmental Management
12. Identify and implement improvements to operational practices for the facilities teams across all sites.
13. Develop and implement a streamlined and structured framework for managing and monitoring the facilities and resources across all services
14. Develop Service Level Agreements with key stakeholders.
15. Ensure that site inspections and audits are scheduled and delivered in line with expectations.
16. Build and sustain strong working relationships and ensure effective communication is maintained with the departments in each location, supporting them to meet their legal and regulatory obligations; and with corporate services e.g. Facilities, Procurement and Health and Safety teams.
17. Develop an effective strategy for communication and team working across services spread over a geographical area, encouraging innovation and sharing of resources and best practice.
18. Ensuring the delivery of all building related statutory obligations, for example in relation to gas, electrical, Legionella, passenger lifts, fire safety
19. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
1.1 A proven and successful background in multi-site facilities management.
1.2 Experience at a management level of developing and managing a Facilities Management service in a large and complex organisation to deliver excellence for customers.
1.3 Experience of leading and managing a team, and developing effective systems for monitoring and measuring business performance.
1.4 Knowledge of the legislative framework and good practice in health and safety and of issues that arise in managing service properties.
1.5 Experience of setting, managing and monitoring budgets.
1.6 Experience of influencing, convincing and negotiating with others to achieve success.
1.7 Experience of day to day management of development partners and third party stakeholders including public bodies and the general public.
1.8 Experience of managing and mitigating development risk
1.7 A current member of one of the following BIFM, RICS, CIOB
Job Reference :